HOW I PICK GIVEAWAY WINNERS
I don’t normally post how I pick my giveaway winners because I think most of you that have followed me for a while know that I am a fair and square kinda guy (at least I hope so hahahaa)
There is absolutely NO REASON and NO BENEFIT for me to fabricate winners from any of the giveaways I had done in the past. I gain nothing from doing so. The whole point of the giveaways that I had done so far is to gain exposure. Once the giveaway post had gone public (and you guys join), then I considered the purpose has been fulfilled. In fact, picking the winners is the most troublesome part if you do it HONESTLY. I do check the profile of each winner once selected to see if they meet the criteria, if not, I redo it. But in this particular giveaway, all I needed was to open the #edukitsxtravelliciouz and all posts were shown.
This is why I ALWAYS say, DO NOT PRIVATE your profile especially during the last day of the giveaway:
1. If we are not friends, we CANNOT see your posts
2. We cannot check whether you follow the requirements or not
As usual, I just ranted on and on. Hahahhaa… so here is how I pick the winners for Giveaways that requires participants to repost a certain post!
STEP BY STEP
1. Click on the hashtag #EdukitsxTravelliciouz and check the total post (or whatever hashtag you would like to use for your own giveaways)
2. Pick a random number through www.random.org by setting the Min (1) and Max (total posts). In this case the result is No 74 out of 920
3. Scroll down the page all the way to the end until it cannot load anymore (the very first post is the one at the most bottom)
4. Count up from the first post to the number generated by www.random.org (fortunately this one was 74 so it saved me a lot of time in checking errors)
5. Double check the results to make sure you did not count wrongly. Trust me, it gets very confusing and mistakes are easily made if you had to count longer say for example 800!
6. Check the profile to see if it follows the criteria that you had set previously. There have been many cases where I already picked the winners and turned out they did not follow the Instagram accounts that they were supposed to follow
7. Once everything is set, announce the winner however you want it and then go reward yourself with a nice cup of coffee
That is all! I hope this help some of you who are thinking to hold your own giveaways as well as clarifying your doubts if any. One last thing I would like to share is, giveaways are supposed to be fun and free. Don’t think too much and make it hard on yourself. Have a good day guys!