POP UP MARKET – MEGA LEGENDA 2016
DIE DIE MUST COME! Finally I have reached this famous Pop Up Market in Mega Legenda. My purpose here is to review for you and find out what is fun here. As you could see, it is huge here. Pretty organized and the total stalls I think are around 100 plus. Gives me the same feeling as the Nagoya one. They also have many unique food here.
- Ayam Bakar Kukus [Rp 13,000]
- Batagor by Fahrul [Rp 7,000]
- Prata Boom [Rp 3,000]
- Risoles Moncrot [Rp 2,500]
- Burgo [Rp 15,000]
There are a lot more I want to try here but I couldn’t due to limited tummy space. I will be back here for sure. This is truly a foodies’ heaven.
A LITTLE BACKGROUND
These pop up markets are called “Pasar Kaget”, which literally means “Shocked Market”. They are called so because they only pop up during Ramadhan Fasting Month of every year. They have become the targets of many foodies, especially Muslim friends who are observing the Fasting period.
LOCATION📍: Pasar Kaget Mega Legenda
– In Mega Legenda, Batam Center
– From Simpang Kabil go straight towards Airport
– Turn left when you see Giant Supermarket and turn left again
HOURS⏰: 16:00 – 19:00 (depends on each stall)
– Only available during Fasting Month