POP UP MARKET – NAGOYA 2017
MUST TRY GUYS! My first and yearly visit during Ramadhan Fasting month has always been this Nagoya Pop Up Market. This has around a couple decades of history and still going strong.
This market is only available during the fasting month! Yes, only around one month in the entire year. So please do come here and check out. There are tons of Indonesian street food here. Some of them are as authentic as they come. Some of them I have never tried before. This is a heaven for those who love street food!
Local people call this kinda market as “Pasar Kaget” which directly translated to “Shocked Market”. Why?
– the market pops out of nowhere for the first day of Ramadhan Fasting month across Indonesia!
– the amount of people packed in this small area is crazy
– the variety of food is quite shocking
– the prices are quite cheap
– the number of stalls here are enough for you to hunt for 1-2 week
I just love the atmosphere here. Truly localistic experience. Full of roadside stalls and Indonesian local food. If there is any night food market in Batam worth visiting, this is it! Please do note that the location this hear was moved to one road away due to construction that is going on in the original spot. Still pretty easy to find. You won’t miss it!
Find other similar videos in my Youtube channel and don’t forget to support me by subscribing okay! Thanks foodies
Click here to see similar food hunts from Ramadhan 2016
LEARN YOUR INDONESIAN
Pasar = Market
Kaget = Shocked
Nagoya = City area in Batam
LOCATION📍: Pasar Kaget Nagoya
– between BNI nagoya and pasar puja bahari
– besides Kawi Jaya
– 7 mins walk from Goodway and Harmoni hotel
– 12 mins walk from Nagoya Hill
– ask the locals around Nagoya, they should know
HOURS⏰: 16:00 – finished (depends on each stall)
– Only available during Fasting Month