SAMYANG NOODLE HALAL, NONHALAL, AND CHEESE
Batam Foodies have been crazy about Samyang Noodle from Korea recently. The hype and demands for it are just ridiculous. The stocks in any supermarket will not last 24 hours. I posted about Samyang availability in a supermarket once. The next day, all the stocks are gone. By now, the price of Samyang in Batam has gone down 30-40% from its debut price. So is Samyang really worth it?
There is no correct answer to it. Some say it is worth it because most of them love super duper spicy food. Some say Samyang is over-hyped especially compared to Indonesia’s No 1 Brand, Indomie. If you have tried this Samyang, please share with us what you think in the comments below! I am sure you have some funny experiences with it
You know what, I am not here to compare Samyang vs Indomie. I am here to compare the difference between:
- Samyang with Halal Label (from Singapore)
- Samyang without Halal Label (from Indonesia)
- Samyang Cheese without Halal Label
- Samyang Cool (click to read more)
One thing these three types have in common: SPICY! SPICY! SPICY!
In short, Samyang with and without Halal labels are quite equal in spicy level and it just tastes spicy. While Samyang Cheese, is least spicy with Cheese flavor mixed in. For more details, please watch the video below
1. When I say Nonhalal in the video, I do not mean that Samyang Indonesia version is not Halal. What I mean is that Samyang distributed by Indonesia does not have Halal label
2. Samyang Cheese and Samyang Indonesia do not have Halal label but I cannot tell you for sure if they are actually not Halal. Please check Google and decide for yourself.
I have heard rumors of Korean’s strong tolerance for spicy food and now I can see why. I mean, Indonesians are generally quite good with spicy food but this Samyang noodle does taste really spicy for many of my friends. But some of us are crazy enough that we add “Cabe Rawit” (green chili) and “Bon Cabe” chili powder into the mix. That is a story for another time because a bunch of us did that kind of Samyang Challenge. For now, hope you enjoy this video and pardon my stupid mistakes. Thank you for your support. Please also support and subscribe to my YouTube channel.