By Car Rentals
Renting a car with driver has been trending among many free and easy travellers. These rental cars usually go the daily rate of 8-10 hours or half-day rate of 4-6 hours. Fuel is usually covered. Any additional hour is chargeable. But really, all these depend on the rental agency/private car owner that you deal with. Each has their own terms and conditions. Feel free to contact me if you need recommendations
When to rent a car?
– If your group has 5-7 people; cheaper to hire a 7-seater than use 2 taxis
– If you plan to go to many places for sightseeing
– If you plan to travel between resorts and city areas
– If you simply love the convenience of having someone waiting for you
Arguably the most common mode used among tourists. Three ways you could get a cab:
1. Terminals/Malls Taxi Counter – usually they have a fixed priced list
2. Calling a Taxi – usually they are not allowed to pick up in Terminals/Malls
3. Hailing a Taxi – go on the road and flag a cab. No metered fair. Not recommended
By Hotel Transport
Probably the most expensive option yet favoured by many tourists who just love the convenience
By Public Transport
Just forget it. Batam is stilcking in this department. I definitely do not recommend this mode for travellers of any kind unless you are super-duper adventurous.
“Ojek” is an Indonesian term for Motorcycle Taxi. This is definitely way cheaper than taking a taxi. However, as it only sits one passenger, this is more suitable for solo travellers and/or backpackers.